Chicago is my favorite city in the USA. Do you know that it is the third largest one in the country? It has plenty of exciting, relaxing, and extraordinary places to visit. The highest buildings in the world, stylish restaurants, luxury shops and fairy-tale landscapes are waiting for new visitors to amaze and astound them.
I decided to pick up top 10 things to do in Chicago to make your first impression unforgettable.
1. Spectacular views of all Chicago open at a height of the Willis Tower. It is the second highest building in the USA. I am not tired of visiting its Sky Deck and Ledge’s Glass Box. I hope that you will be under the same impression.
2. Millennium Park covers 25 acres. It is a beloved place for wedding and model shoots, tourists, and family fun. Picturesque landscapes and the Cloud Gate structure will not leave you indifferent. Do not forget your camera!
3. Another high construction worth your attention is John Hancock Tower. On the 95th floor of John Hancock Tower you can order some food. Enjoy your meal and feast your eyes on majestic views simultaneously.
4. Art Institute of Chicago is the second largest museum in the USA. It fascinates the lovers of both art and nature, as it is situated in the local park. 300,000 works of art are represented there.
5. Environment and culture researchers and scientists will be totally absorbed with the Field Museum of Natural History. It has more than 20 million treasures to astonish and fascinate you. Even T-Rex can be seen there.
6. Visitors of all ages will have enormous fun at Lincoln Park Zoo. It was founded in 1868. Thus, it is one of the oldest in the USA. Reptiles, gorillas, monkeys, big cats, polar bears and other exotic animals are there to entertain you.
7. Exquisite restaurants, boutiques, and the most famous fashion houses are located along Michigan Avenue to please the most demanding shoppers.
8. Shedd Aquarium is the largest indoor aquarium in the world. It is better to visit it in the early hours to avoid the rush. The numbers of more than 1,500 species and over 8,000 marine animals do not need additional advertisement.
9. Navy Pier is a perfect place to bike and walk in the summer. Wait until the evening and you will see amazing fireworks. It is one of the most romantic places in Chicago.
10.As for me, Lou Malnati’s and Gino’s East are the best pizzerias to taste deep-dish pizza in Chicago. You cannot leave the city without eating there.
Chicago is a many-sided city. Everyone can find a sight to his/her taste.
Do not hesitate to pack your bags! Chicago is waiting to astonish you!
You may be interetsed in: