Table of Contents
There are books that you read only once, and there are those you buy in hard copy, put on your bookshelf and read again and again. Every time you notice in these books something different and get new inspiration. Do you want to know the examples of such books? Read below.
Books every woman should read
To choose the book that you need to read right now, find out what you want to get from it. For example:
1. Heart-melting books:
• A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. The protagonist uses books to overcome her poor upbringing. The girl’s life is described in an exceptionally heartwarming, magical, and touching manner.
• Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. The book tells about the friendship of the main characters and their transition from adolescence into adulthood.
• Beloved by Toni Morrison. This story is about love, heartbreak, ghosts, murder, betrayal, cliffhangers, and reunions. It will help you appreciate your mother more.
2. Books about overcoming a breakup:
• Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion. One of the richest and most graceful writings that tells you what it means to be young and teaches to have the wisdom to leave when it is needed.
• How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accent by Julia Alvarez. This story connects various tales about immigration, loss, love, identity, and culture. If you ever had to start all over again, this book is for you.
• Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Anyone who ever ended a long-term relationship will identify herself with Gilbert, understand her pain and rejoice to see how she changed.
3. Motivation books:
• Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed. The author speaks about grief, love, and ambition in her own straight language.
• Complete Stories by Dorothy Parker. After reading this, you will want the author to be your friend and partner in skepticism.
• The Dream of a Common Language by Adrienne Rich. Read a single verse and you will want to read everything else.
4. Books for escapists:
• Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell. Due to this book, single women over 30 now feel okay, dream of moving to New York, and wear weird clothes.
• Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Indeed, it is one of the best escapist stories ever written. Not only for children.
• Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins. Want to escape? This sexy, feminist, and bizarre story telling about weird people can help you.
These inspiring books will definitely leave a trace in your soul. Read them and choose you favorite book that will stay in your heart forever.