Among the advantages of freelancing, like a flexible schedule and no dress code, I would put an emphasis on the fact that freelance job market is more permissive than the ordinary one. Some employers don’t even require that the candidates have a specific degree or large work experience.
The least demanding, and, consequently, the most popular with freelance newcomers, is transcription. As long as you are a literate person who can type, and, most importantly, has excellent listening and comprehension skills, you are just the right candidate for this job, even if you have never done anything like that before. To help you get the lay of the land, we’ve made this list of companies where you can try your hand at transcription.
- Appenscribe. As a rule, prior to accepting your application, any transcription company will ask you to pass a test to see if you meet their requirements.
Appenscribe is no exception. Generally, the tasks they ask you to complete are not very difficult, but, still, it would be wise to practice before applying. If your results are satisfactory, be ready to work at least 10 hours per week. Moreover, Appenscribe will pay you few cents per line, so do not cherish a dream to make a fortune.
- TranscribeMe. In case you do not have much time to spare, this platform with its 6-8 seconds files to transcribe is just what you need. It doesn’t require a lot of efforts, but, anyway, it is a source of extra cash.
- Scribie. Like the companies mentioned above, this one also requires passing a test. Although they only pay something like 10 dollars per transcribed hour, the payment system is convenient and allows you to work for this company even if you are not a US citizen.
- Daily Transcription. This one is more demanding given that you are supposed to be accessible most of the time. However, you can choose whether to work full- or part-time. What I like about this company is that they hire beginners and professionals alike, giving both of them a chance to excel.
- TigerFish. In general, this company is no different from the mentioned above. However, there is one tiny detail. Apart from standard requirements, you’ll also have to download some additional software for work. Luckily, it is free, but it may take some time for you to get the hang of it. I’ve only mentioned this one so that you are ready for everything.
- Upwork. I would recommend to use this platform only after you’ve gained some experience in transcribing. The thing is, on Upwork you deal directly with clients. That is why qualifications and experience play an important role concerning your situation on the market.
Limited Time offer!
Get 19% OFF
What are you waiting for?
Order with 15% discount NOW!
When it comes to freelance jobs, you need to make sure that your employer is reliable. With that in mind, we created this list so that you won’t need to waste your time looking for a trustworthy employer. Just get to work and good luck!