Table of Contents
Almost every year the rules for college application change. They also depend on the university you choose. Some of the educational institutions ask just a simple form to be filled in with honest answers to few question, while another require a pack of the documents or even an essay.
The First Step – Choose a College
You will feel more confident if you know what to be ready for. Thus, you should make a choice of the institute, which corresponds to your subject, campus, and extra-curricular expectations.
The Second Step - Call for Application Information
You should browse the requirements for application procedure at the site of the educational institution you would like to study in. If you cannot find one, just call to the admission center to have a clear idea of it.
The Third Step – Things to Figure Out
Your application research should contain answers to the following questions:
- Do the halls of ivy require a common or specific application?
- Does it require an individual or composite SAT score?
- What are the main requirements for a recommendation letter?
- What is the deadline?
The Fourth Step - Action Time
- When you have gathered all in-depth information for your application, it is high time to act! The first thing you can do is to ask your favorite teacher, chef, or somebody you know well to write a recommendation list for you. Remember, it should follow formal requirements that you already have!
- Simultaneously, ask your high school to send a transcript to the college you are applying to. It is better to do it earlier and check if any errors have been committed. Call a college representative in a week and ask whether they have received it. Do not be shy! Time to care about yourself has come!
- Write a draft of your personal admission essay even if it is not required. You should reinsure yourself in such a serious matter. Sometimes colleges do not require doing it in written form, but may organize some kind of oral interview, so you must know what to say beforehand. Remember that your thoughts should stand out. Do not omit personal information. You should show your unique personality within few minutes, so talk about your life position, priorities, interests and previous involvements. Demonstrate your potential; you have to succeed among others!
- Gather all additional documents. Proofread your application form and essay for several times. No mistakes should be discovered in them. Your professionalism is at stake.
- Organize this work so that you can finish a week before the established deadline. You never know, what can happen in your life. Do not let sickness, computer virus or force majeure circumstances ruin your reputation and bright future.
College admission process is the first pressing task of the independent adult life you have just started. Show your family and teachers that you are worthy their trust. Follow our recommendations and do your best!
Get 15% OFF your first order!
Use discount code first15